Wednesday, 29 July 2009

THC sequence


www.youtube.com/td

An animated sequence for THC. This is a short piece, which works off the two main characters featured in the film ahead. It advertises THC and also gives you a head start with the two characters in the film. Providing a taste of whats to follow! The film (of course, we all no it!) is titled 'Tenacious D, and the pick of destiny.'

This never fails to make me laugh! Its a great piece of animation. The character design is detailed, capturing the characteristics and expressions extremely well.

I think what attracted me to this piece, is mainly because of the movement of the characters. They have this flexible and exaggerated body language. Watch how they walk into the frame! Its great watching how they waddle and bounce. This immediately communicates a persona to the audience. Showing off the characters loud and wacky personality.

I love the bit where the character on the left laughs. As the chin is exaggerated, moving unrealistic fashion, adding to the humor of the piece. Even the little beard moves! I think with this piece, its those little details you appreciate the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment