I went to the Didsbury library the other day, where i came across this notice board displaying a local artists work. So i couldn't help but ask if i could take some quick photos! The artist is called Alex Howes, and she works in Manchester as a freelance illustrator and animator.
Next to these illustrations was a small caption, informing that Alex has just finished her MA in Media Animation from the University of the West of England. Also that she is about to begin training with Aardman Studios!! (i think that's worth two exclamation marks!)
I took these pictures because its an interesting insight into the standards of work required in a professional work place. Also, Alex has a very unique style to her work. It has a surreal, and slightly sinister, taste to it. Also adopts an interesting use of use of mild and dull colors.
I recommend checking out her website, its packed with cool artwork, animations and sketchbook work.
I have recently emailed Alex via her website, and currently waiting for feedback.
No comments:
Post a Comment