Wednesday, 6 April 2011
Cracking Contraptions!
Couldn't resist but check out the Wallace and Gromit 'Cracking Contraptions' series of shorts, whist I am thinking about machines. A bit of a fun and an alternative way of looking at machine designs, and how they are used in animation. I've taken from this an interesting area to consider when thinking about when designing -
The use of exaggeration in movements and appearance are what I'm enjoying about these machines. This one was my favorite machine, love the chunkiness of the structure, and its wacky exaggerated features. The machines look basic in detail, and only uses elements that are most recognizable and full of movement, e.g the large pumps, or rotating ball bearings on the top. Maybe something to consider in my design approach: Taking the most identifiable or lively elements of the machine and exaggerating them - drawing focus towards their function.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment