Thursday, 6 May 2010

Double Negative studio visit

double negative homepage

During the visit to the Double Negative Studio in London, they showed us a showreel of some of the films they have recently worked on. I was blown away by some of this work. What struck me the most was how they pointed out the features in the films which were CGI, i was suprised to find that there was more CGI included in the films than i first thought. Even full landscapes of cities were entirely constructed in CGI.

Scene from film '2012.' Live footage working with CGI.

Link to showreel_Double Negative

I was particularly interested in finding out how they worked together as a group and compose the scenes. I learnt about how they use 'plates', in order to create CGI footage ontop of live footage. This was very enlightening to learn about. The visit also helped me realize the mathematical and strategic side of CGI development, in the way of using the direction of the live footage efficiently, to enable them to compose their CGI to work with the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment