Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Black Soul Choir


www.youtube/bsc

Animated sequences featured in a music video for a band called '16 Horsepower.' The video consists of live footage, split with some animation. I have edited the music video to show only the animated segments.

It features animated chalk, moving on a surface, following and focusing on its markings.
I was quite impressed by how the piece flows together with the music. As the lines glide around the surface, it expresses a smooth, wavy flow.

Notice how the chalk seems to decrease into a dust, then reforms again into a solid form. An interesting editing technique, as it reverses the sequence.

I find it interesting that the animation has almost given the chalk some sort of persona. Its movement expresses happy and spontaneous behavior. I seem to remember someone saying "If you can make me feel emotion for a stone, you are a successful animator!"

This piece uses some of the same techniques i used at the beginning of my Multimedia course. Creating an expressionate line animation sequence, applying different materials, and using the stop motion technique to animate them. (featured below)

No comments:

Post a Comment