

I bought the coolest book this week, and was only 8 quid, well chuffed! Its called 'Logan, Seville's Finest.' The book is one of three in a collection that shows the development of urban art. This book focuses on a 'Hip hop and Graffiti' culture in Andalusian, Spain.
Logan works in a very wide variety of medias. Hes renown for his murals, but also works in the areas of art & design, tattooing, and some very tasty illustrations! He's a very flexible artist, which is why i find the book so addictive!
Here im mainly concentrating on his sketchbook work and how he evolves his ideas. I find it interesting to observe how he captures the human form, in this cartoon like manner. Look at how he captures the posture of the characters. How their body language communicates a particular mood or expression.


Art and design section: I chose to put this piece up because of the intricate way in which Logan has captured the hands in these two pieces. The use of shadow creates depth in the picture. Its a very confident piece. Attracting you with its noisy and 'in your face' elements.

One of my favorite murals by Logan: 'Dems' (2006)
I find that the techniques he uses in his illustrations, don't sway too far from the techniques he adapts to in his murals. I love the use of line in this piece. I find when approaching graffiti, an important thing to establish is the outline of the letters, and the thickness of the line. I like this piece because the line thickness is prominent, and varies throughout the piece, adding depth and foreground.
No comments:
Post a Comment